Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- SAN JOSE, Calif. - Leading 3-2 in the Stanley Cup Final, the Pittsburgh Penguins try to win at the San Jose Sharks and avoid hosting a seventh game Wednesday. Game starts 8 p.m.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - After winning the title on the road last year, the Golden State Warriors have a 3-1 lead over the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals and hope to wrap up this one at home Monday night.
More from FoxSports
- PARIS - England and Russia have been threatened with expulsion from the European Championship if there is further violence by their fans.
- Three European Championship games in France: Turkey vs. Croatia (Paris, 9 a.m.); Poland-Northern Ireland (Nice, noon); Germany-Ukraine (Lille, 3 p.m.).
- PHILADELPHIA - After playing nearly the entire second half a man short and still advancing, the U.S. won its Copa America group and will head to Seattle to play an opponent to be determined Sunday night: Ecuador, Peru or Brazil.
- Two Copa America games in the U.S.: Ecuador-Haiti (East Rutherford, New Jersey, 6:30 p.m.); Brazil-Peru (8:30 p.m., Foxborough, Massachusetts)
- WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals look to complete a three-game sweep of Philadelphia, starting Joe Ross against the Phillies' Adam Morgan. Game starts 4:05 p.m.
- SAMMAMISH, Wash. - Top-ranked Lydia Ko takes a one-stroke lead into the final round of the KPMG Women's PGA Championship.
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Daniel Berger has a one-stroke lead over Phil Mickelson, Steve Stricker and D.A. Points going into the final round of the FedEx St. Jude Classic, the last tuneup before next week's U.S. Open.
- FORT WORTH, Texas - IndyCar will try again at Texas, with defending race winner Scott Dixon starting on the front row. The race was postponed late Saturday night when officials were unable to completely dry the track following afternoon rain. Starts 2:15 p.m.