Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Muhammad Ali rumbled in the African jungle, put on a thriller in Manila, charmed them in London, taunted them in Tokyo. Ali took big bouts to the furthest corners of the globe.
- For anyone of age in the 1960s and `70s, Muhammad Ali was as much a part of the culture as the Beatles or JFK or the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
More from FoxSports
- LOUISVILLE, Ky. - As the world mourns Muhammad Ali, his death holds special meaning in his hometown, where the boxing great was the city's favorite son.
- Even at his weakest, his dazzling boxing skills long gone and his body ravaged by Parkinson's, Muhammad Ali was a man of imposing stature. ... An appreciation by Boxing Writer Tim Dahlberg.
- PARIS - Garbine Muguruza wins her first Grand Slam title by beating defending champion Serena Williams 7-5, 6-4 at the French Open, denying the American her record-equaling 22nd major trophy.
- SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Sharks host the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in their history, trying to cut into the Pittsburgh Penguins' 2-0 lead. Game starts 8 p.m.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - The Cleveland Cavaliers face a considerable challenge Sunday in Game 2 of the NBA Finals - not only Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson but a powerful Golden State bench.
- DUBLIN, Ohio - Matt Kuchar and Brendan Steele share the lead entering the third round at the Memorial. Jason Day, Rory McIlroy and Jordan Spieth all need to make up ground.
- RIO DE JANEIRO - A leading Brazilian biologist who has fought for the cleanup of Rio de Janeiro's polluted waterways urges the country's president to release emergency funds to dredge toxic lagoons.
- CINCINNATI - Washington's Stephen Strasburg (9-0) tries to become the NL's first 10-game winner, facing a Reds team looking to win a fourth straight game. Game starts 4:10 p.m.
- DETROIT - Chris Sale (9-1) can become the AL's first 10-game winner when the Chicago White Sox play the Detroit Tigers. Game starts 4 p.m.
- LONG POND, Pa. - Dale Earnhardt Jr. hopes he can return to the win column at Pocono on Sunday. He swept the two races at the track in 2014.
- INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Two UFC title belts on the line: middleweight champion Luke Rockhold vs. Michael Bisping; bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber. Title fights start about 11 p.m.