Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Friday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- ATLANTA - The U.S. moves an Olympic training camp for swimmers out of Puerto Rico because of the Zika virus. There are no plans, however, to bail on the Summer Games in Brazil.
- COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Odd things can happen at sports events. That's why the U.S. Olympic Committee has a psychologist to prepare athletes for the unexpected.
More from FoxSports
- BALTIMORE - Nyquist may have to overcome the same stormy weather American Pharoah did in last year's Preakness to set up another Triple Crown attempt in the Belmont Stakes.
- TAMPA, Fla. - The Pittsburgh Penguins, in command with their speed and depth, are in front 2-1 entering Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Game starts 8 p.m.
- SAN JOSE, Calif. - Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks lead the St. Louis Blues 2-1 going into Game 4 of the Western Conference finals Saturday.
- TORONTO - Kyle Lowry has hardly looked like an All-Star. As the Toronto point guard goes, so go the Raptors. Toronto, trailing Cleveland 2-0, is home for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals Saturday.
- OAKLAND, Calif. - Billy Donovan is trying to lead the Thunder to a title as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did with Golden State last year. The Western Conference finals, tied 1-1, resumes Sunday.
- PARIS - In his attempt to complete a career Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic could have to beat nine-time champion Rafael Nadal in the French Open semifinals. The clay-court major starts Sunday.
- SAN FRANCISCO - In a game between division leaders, Jake Arrieta (7-0, 1.29 ERA) starts for the Cubs against a Giants team that has won eight straight. Game starts 10:15 p.m.
- Two-time NL Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum completes a $2.5 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels, the AP is told. The 31-year-old former Giants ace is trying to come back from left hip surgery.
- ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Magic are expected to announce the hiring of Frank Vogel. He succeeds Scott Skiles and comes to Orlando after having coached the Indiana Pacers the last six seasons.
- IRVING, Texas - Jordan Spieth, playing only his second tournament since the Masters, goes into the second round of the AT&T Byron Nelson one stroke off the lead.
- BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Kenny Perry leads by two shots heading into the second round of the Regions Tradition, the first of five PGA Tour Champions majors.
- WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - Mika Mayazato has the lead entering the second round of the Kingsmill Championship. Defending champion Minjee Lee and Brittany Lincicome are a stroke back.
- INDIANAPOLIS - Michael Andretti's cars have been at the top of speed charts all week at practice for the Indianapolis 500. Now comes the real test - can they stay there when the horsepower is cranked up?
- CONCORD, N.C. - Some drivers not already in the field try to qualify for the NASCAR All-Star race Saturday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Qualifying starts 7 p.m.
- OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Usain Bolt runs the 100 meters at a Golden Spike meet, his first competition in Europe leading to the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.