Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Monday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- OAKLAND, Calif. - Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors try to move a step closer toward a second straight title when they open the Western Conference finals against Oklahoma City. Game starts 9 p.m.
- PITTSBURGH - The Lightning and Penguins play Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals. Tampa Bay took the opener 3-1, but may have lost goaltender Ben Bishop to a leg injury. Game starts 8 p.m.
More from FoxSports
- The Toronto Blue Jays-Texas Rangers brawl could draw suspensions and underlines a longtime practice of how players still police themselves.
- PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - Jason Day won The Players Championship and is starting to draw comparisons with Tiger Woods for often he wins and how his game appears to have no weakness.
- BETHESDA, Md. - Tiger Woods says he's ''progressing nicely'' in his return from two back operations, but he's still not sure when he'll return to competitive golf.
- CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Cavaliers, healthy and rested after a week off, begin the Eastern Conference finals Tuesday night against a Toronto team that has survived two Game 7s this postseason.
- ST. LOUIS - The Blues didn't spend much time celebrating; the Sharks weren't overly disappointed. Both teams seemed to sense the Western Conference finals could be a long one. Game 2 is Tuesday night.
- MINNEAPOLIS - Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns unanimously wins the NBA's Rookie of the Year award. This is the second straight year Minnesota has taken rookie honors.
- NEW YORK - The Philadelphia 76ers, after finishing with the worst record in the NBA, have the best odds to land the No. 1 pick in Tuesday's draft lottery.
- INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Pacers call a news conference for Monday afternoon amid reports they will promote assistant coach Nate McMillan to head coach.
- NEW YORK - The Nets introduce former Atlanta Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson, who was hired recently as their sixth coach since moving to Brooklyn in 2012.
- PHILADELPHIA - The 76ers become the first NBA team to put a sponsorship logo on player uniforms, striking a deal with StubHub.
- LOS ANGELES - Japanese rookie Kenta Maeda takes the mound for the Los Angeles Dodgers against Matt Shoemaker of the Los Angeles Angels in the Freeway Series opener. Game starts 10 p.m.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Coming off a 6-1 homestand and scoring plenty of runs, Boston starts Rick Porcello (6-1) in a series opener against the champion Royals. Rain, however, is forecast. Game starts 7 p.m.
- MANCHESTER, England - The discovery of a fake bomb inside Old Trafford brings embarrassment and potentially a $4 million bill to Manchester United. It also raises serious questions about security.
- INDIANAPOLIS - Some teams for this Indianapolis 500 are running cars with paint schemes that take drivers and fans back in time. Monday is the first day of practice for the May 29 race.
- MOSCOW - Russian heavyweight Alexander Povetkin denies taking meldonium after a failed doping test resulted in his title fight with WBC champion Deontay Wilder to be called off.