Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Nyquist puts his undefeated record on the line as the 3-1 favorite in the Kentucky Derby. A full field of 20 3-year-olds is set for the 1 1/4 miles at Churchill Downs. Post time 6:34 p.m.
- Two second-round NBA playoffs games: Toronto (tied 1-1) at Miami (5 p.m.); Golden State (up 2-0) at Portland (8:30 p.m.).
More from FoxSports
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The Grizzlies fire coach Dave Joerger in a surprising move after three seasons and three straight playoff appearances. Memphis was swept in the first round of the playoffs.
- Three second-round NHL playoff games: St. Louis (tied 2-2) at Dallas (1 p.m.); Pittsburgh (up 3-1) at Washington (7:15 p.m.); Nashville (tied 2-2) at San Jose (10 p.m.).
- NEW YORK - One day after a wild finish and David Ortiz's ejection, the Red Sox and Yankees resume their series. Boston's David Price (4-0) faces New York's Nathan Eovaldi (1-2). Game starts 1:05 p.m.
- CHICAGO - The Cubs go for their sixth straight victory when they play the Washington Nationals in a matchup of teams with the best records in the NL. Game starts 4:05 p.m.
- LAS VEGAS - Canelo Alvarez defends his piece of the middleweight title against Amir Khan, with a possible fight against Gennady Golovkin looming.
- MANCHESTER, England - Britain's Anthony Crolla defends his WBA lightweight title against unbeaten Venezuelan Ismael Barroso.
- KANSAS CITY, Kan. - NASCAR runs its Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, where things should be more predictable than they were last weekend at crash-filled Talladega. Race starts 7:30 p.m.
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Andrew Loupe leads Roberto Castro by a stroke entering the third round of the Wells Fargo Championship. Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler are in the chase.
- THE WOODLANDS, Texas - John Daly, playing his first PGA Tour Champion event, is four strokes behind leader Mike Goodes going into the second round of the Insperity Invitational.
- PRATTVILLE, Ala. - So Yeon Ryu of South Korea has the lead entering the second round of the Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic. Minjee Lee, Morgan Pressel and Ryann O'Toole are two shots back.
- DAVIE, Fla. - A free fall on draft night landed Laremy Tunsil in Miami. Now he must find his bearings at a new position, switching from tackle to guard with the Dolphins as their rookie minicamp begins.
- LEICESTER, England - A party 132 years in the making, Leicester receives the Premier League trophy after the 5,000-1 long shots complete one of the most astonishing upsets in sports.
- MADRID - Defending champion Andy Murray, in another strong showing on clay leading to the French Open, defeats Rafael Nadal 7-5, 6-4 to reach his second straight Madrid Open final.
- ORLANDO, Fla. - More than 500 wounded veterans take part in the Invictus Games, an Olympic-style four-day event. First lady Michelle Obama and Britain's Prince Harry are expected to attend.