Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- Four NBA playoff games: Toronto at Indiana (3 p.m.); Miami at Charlotte (5:30 p.m.); Oklahoma City at Dallas (8 p.m.); L.A. Clippers at Portland (10:30 p.m.).
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers can finish off the first round Sunday in four straight games. If not for a mistake, Golden State also would have been poised to sweep into the semifinals instead of only being up 2-1 over Houston.
More from FoxSports
- Three NHL playoff games: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh (3 p.m.), Nashville at Anaheim (6 p.m.), St. Louis at Chicago (8 p.m.).
- Coming off a big marathon win in the last game, the New York Islanders have a chance to accomplish something they haven't done in 23 years: win a playoff series. And unlike last year, when they lost a deciding Game 7 in the first round on the road, they'll be at home for a potential clinching game when they host Florida in Game 6 on Sunday night.
- LOS ANGELES - Daniel Lucius ''Doc'' Adams may never be a household name like baseball's imagined inventor Abner Doubleday or basketball's actual inventor James Naismith. But documents titled ''Laws of Base Ball,'' being sold at an auction that ends Sunday, go a long way toward lifting him to legendary status as the father of the game.
- CINCINNATI - The Cubs try to extend their best start since 1970 and add to their dominance of the Reds, whom they've outscored 46-7 in five games. John Lackey attempts to improve to 4-0 for the first time in his career, facing Dan Straily (0-0). Game starts at 7:10 p.m.
- INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin goes for his 22nd straight knockout victory and 16th consecutive title defense against unbeaten Dominic Wade. Main card starts around 10 p.m.
- LAS VEGAS - Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones returns from suspension to fight for an interim title belt against Ovince Saint Preux, who stepped in after Daniel Cormier injured his left leg. 7 p.m. fight card.
- LONDON - Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho is being investigated by UEFA over a failed drugs test after last month's Europa League game against Manchester United.