Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- OAKLAND, Calif. - Fresh off their record 73rd win to end the regular season, Stephen Curry and the Warriors begin their title defense against James Harden and the Houston Rockets. Game starts 3:30 p.m.
- Three other NBA playoff openers: Indiana at Toronto (12:30 p.m.); Boston at Atlanta (7 p.m.); Dallas at Oklahoma City (9:30 p.m.).
More from FoxSports
- Four NHL playoff games: N.Y. Rangers at Pittsburgh (3 p.m.); Philadelphia at Washington (7 p.m.); Minnesota at Dallas (8 p.m.); San Jose at Los Angeles (10:30 p.m.).
- CHICAGO - Cubs ace Jake Arrieta (2-0, 1.93 ERA) faces rookie shortstop Trevor Story and the Colorado Rockies. Story leads the majors with seven homers. Game starts 2:20 p.m.
- BOSTON - David Price, coming off a rough home opener, pitches for the Red Sox against hard-hitting Toronto. Price was moved up a day to get back on a regular five-day turn. Game starts 4:05 p.m.
- HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. - Jason Day, winner of two of his past three PGA Tour events, is tied for the lead with Kevin Chappell and Charley Hoffman entering the third round of the RBC Heritage.
- KAPOLEI, Hawaii - Katie Burnett goes for her first LPGA Tour victory, entering the last round of the Lotte Championship one shot ahead.
- MESA, Ariz. - Katie Ledecky swims three events on the final night of the Arena Pro Swim meet. Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte renew their rivalry in the 200-meter individual medley. Finals start 8 p.m.
- HOT SPRINGS, Ark. - Trainer Bob Baffert tries to follow up last year's Arkansas Derby win with American Pharoah when he sends out early favorite Cupid in the Kentucky Derby prep. Post time 7:18 p.m.
- BRISTOL, Tenn. - Sprint Cup Series champion Kyle Busch enters Sunday's race at Bristol Motor Speedway in first place after weekend sweeps at Martinsville and Texas.
- LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas Tech coach Chris Beard explains why he left UNLV after less than two weeks on the job. Beard had been a Texas Tech assistant for 10 seasons and now succeeds Tubby Smith.
- MONACO - Rafael Nadal defeats Andy Murray to reach the Monte Carlo Masters final. Nadal, who has won this tournament eight times, will play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga or Gael Monfils for the title.
- BRISBANE, Australia - Christina McHale and Madison Keys give the U.S. a 2-0 lead over Australia in a Fed Cup playoff. The series winner advances to the world group next year.
- Alabama, Ohio State and Notre Dame highlight a spate of spring games in college football.
- MANCHESTER, England - Aston Villa is relegated for the first time since 1987 after a 1-0 loss to Manchester United in the English Premier League.