Each year, 67-year-old Ralph Shelton drives his RV to Arizona and spends the entire month watching spring training games. On Sunday night in El Mirage, Arizona, Shelton heard a noise from under his RV and went outside to inspect, but when he reached under the RV he was bitten on the arm by a rattlesnake. His first thought? "Man, that was dumb."
Via the Arizona Republic:
More from FoxSports
"Shelton said he didn't feel any of the venom that worked its way through his system. A doctor told him later the venom expanded his arteries, and would have eventually stopped his blood from flowing.
Shelton, who already takes medication for his blood pressure, passed out from the loss of pressure. He was then flown to Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix, where he spent most of the night undergoing tests."
Shelton's blood pressure dropped to a dangerously low level, and doctors told him he was lucky to be alive.