Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturdya. A full Sports Digest will be sent by 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- GREENSBORO, N.C. - Tiger Woods has share of lead entering third round at Wyndham Championship. Woods is chasing his first win in two years - one that would send him into FedEx Cup playoffs. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by 7:30 p.m.
- BEIJING - Usain Bolt returned to the Bird's Nest and didn't quite look the same. After making it safely through to the semifinals of the 100 meters at world championships, he said he wasn't great but didn't expect to be. SENT: 700 words, photos.
More from FoxSports
- HOUSTON - Mike Fiers was known more for hitting Miami's Giancarlo Stanton in the face with a fastball last season than anything else. Now, he's added something much more memorable to his resume: a no-hitter for the Astros in a 3-0 win over the Dodgers. UPCOMING: 500 words, photos by 6 p.m.
- ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Blue Jays go for their 18th win in 22 games against the Angels in a meeting AL wild card leaders. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 10:30 p.m.
- SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Four knockout games in Little League World Series. UPCOMING: 750 words, photos after third game starting at 6 p.m., updated through finish of play. With 150 words after each game: Dominican Republic-Australia (1 p.m.); Oregon-Kentucky (3 p.m.); Canada-Taiwan (6 p.m.); Rhode Island-Missouri (8 p.m.)
- BRISTOL, Tenn. - Joe Gibbs Racing looks for its 10th win of the season as Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards start in the top three spots for the race at Bristol Motor Speedway. UPCOMING: 750 words, photos. Starts 7:30 p.m.
- PHILADELPHIA - Sam Bradford is expected to make his debut with the Eagles in their exhibition game against the Ravens. UPCOMING: 750 words, photos. Starts 7 p.m.
- MINNEAPOLIS - The Vikings host the Raiders in an exhibition game, with former Minnesota QB Christian Ponder expected to get some action for Oakland. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Starts 8 p.m.
- Other NFL exhibitions: FBN--Broncos-Texans (8 p.m.); FBN--Bears-Colts (7:30 p.m.); Dolphins-Panthers (7 p.m.); Jaguars-Giants (7:30 p.m.); Patriots-Saints (7:30 p.m.); Chargers-Cardinals (10 p.m.)
- MASON, Ohio - Novak Djokovic tries to reach the finals at Cincinnati - the only Masters tournament he has never won - while Serena Williams tries to get back there for the second straight year. UPCOMING: Djokovic plays at 1 p.m., Williams at 7 p.m. ET.
- OLYMPIA FIELDS, Ill. - NCAA champion Bryson DeChambeau of SMU looks to continue to close in on another big victory after advancing to the semifinals of the U.S. Amateur. UPCOMING: 500 words.
- COQUITLAM, British Columbia - Candie Kung takes a two-stroke lead into the third round of the Canadian Pacific Women's Open. UPCOMING: 500 words, photos by 9 p.m.
- DEL MAR, Calif. - Beholder is the early 5-2 favorite for the $1 million Pacific Classic, with the mare trying to become the first female to win the Grade 1 race at Del Mar. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos. Post time 9:10 p.m.
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State coach Urban Meyer plans to embrace the grind of trying to win consecutive national championships while also appreciating the success he's having. SENT: 950 words, photos.
- PRESEASON AP TOP 25 SPORTS EXTRA: A free, paginated look at the preseason AP Top 25 college football poll will be available after 2 p.m. Eastern tomorrow in AP Exchange. Full broadsheet, half broadsheet and tab versions will be provided, including space for local ads or content. The pages will recap all 25 teams in the poll, but take a closer look at the top 5 teams. Please contact Barry Bedlan at bbedlan(at)ap.org with any questions.