Sampdoria have admitted their interest in Mario Balotelli, but have asked Liverpool to lower their £7.1m ($11m) asking price.
After struggling in his debut season at Anfield, Balotelli's future has come under intense scrutiny this summer, with Brendan Rodgers reportedly willing to listen to offers for the man he signed for £16million ($25m) just 12 months ago.
The Northern Irishman fueled further speculation just last week by admitting he was "not sure" whether the Italy international would still be at the club by the conclusion of the current transfer window.
More from FoxSports
Sampdoria, who finished 7th in Serie A last season, have previously discussed a potential move for Balotelli, while Serie C outfit Castelli have offered an unlikely exit route for the 24-year-old striker.
With Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Danny Ings all signing this summer to strengthen Liverpool's forward line, Sampdoria have admitted purchasing Balotelli is a temptation, but that the Reds would have to lower their asking price.
Reports claim Liverpool are seeking to recoup less than half of what they initially paid for the striker, who scored four goals in 28 appearances last season, but Sampdoria are only willing to do a deal if the price is cut further, says club president Massimo Ferrero.
"They told me that Mario was yesterday in Genoa," Ferrero told reporters on Monday.
"He costs 10m euros ($11m) but, with discount, you look with open arms."