NASCAR is the latest corporation to distance itself from Donald Trump.
On the same day one of its top sponsors called on NASCAR to take a stance against Trump, the motorsports series said it will not hold its season-ending awards ceremony at the Trump National Doral Miami.
NASCAR spokesman David Higdon says "we looked at everything we saw coming down and what we heard from our sponsors and our partners and what we feel we should be doing, and that's what led us to the decision today."
Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis, whose company is the title sponsor of NASCAR's Truck Series, said in a letter released Friday that he would not attend or participate in the awards ceremony if it's held at a Trump property. The ceremony was held at Doral last year.
NASCAR and Camping World are the latest to distance themselves from Trump following his inflammatory statements regarding immigrants from Mexico.