Eden Prairie, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Adrian Peterson is back with the Minnesota Vikings.
The All-Pro running back returned to the team for organized team activities on Tuesday after missing last week's initial spring workout sessions due to friction with upper management.
Peterson missed most of the 2014 season for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy following an indictment in Texas on charges of reckless or negligent injury to a child. He was reinstated in April, but skipped last week's OTAs amid his reported unhappiness with his situation with the team.
The Vikings have scheduled a press conference for this afternoon with Peterson and head coach Mike Zimmer in attendance.
Throughout the offseason, Peterson was linked to trade rumors and speculation about his future with the Vikings. Team officials have said they want Peterson to remain with the team.
Zimmer last week said Peterson had only two choices: play for the Vikings or not play at all this season.
Peterson had said last week that he wanted security the with team and that his decision not to attend last week's workouts was strictly business.
The 2012 NFL MVP has three years and $45 million left on his current deal, however, none of that money is guaranteed. Peterson is set to make a base salary of $12.75 million in 2015, $14.75 million in 2016 and $16.75 million in 2017.
Peterson's troubles began when he was placed on the commissioner's exempt list last September after he was charged in Texas with hitting his 4-year-old son with a tree branch last May. After reaching a plea agreement in the case, Peterson was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in November for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
The suspension was based on a more stringent player conduct policy that was agreed upon after the actions that led to the charges against Peterson.
Arguing that the new policy shouldn't be retroactively applied in Peterson's case, the union filed an appeal on behalf of the running back, which was denied by NFL-appointed arbitrator Harold Henderson in December.
The union then filed a federal lawsuit, leading to a ruling by U.S. District Judge David S. Doty in February that ordered the NFL to change its decision in Peterson's case.
The NFL appealed the decision to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and returned Peterson to the commissioner's exempt list before reinstating him in April.