Dustin Johnson plans to return from his leave of absence in two weeks at Torrey Pines.
The Farmers Insurance Open said Friday that the 30-year-old Johnson has committed to play the tournament Feb. 5-8. It will be his first competition since he announced in early August that he was taking time off to seek professional help from "personal challenges."
Johnson never disclosed the nature of those challenges. Golf.com reported that he had tested positive for cocaine for the second time in three years and that the PGA Tour suspended him for six months. The PGA Tour said it did not.
Johnson is an eight-time winner on the PGA Tour. He missed the PGA Championship, FedEx Cup playoffs, the Ryder Cup and his title defense in the HSBC Champions last year.