Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

NASCAR

Future of IndyCar at Pocono Raceway in serious jeopardy because of 'scary' drop in attendance

The future of IndyCar at Pocono Raceway is in jeopardy because of a dramatic attendance drop expected for Sunday's race.

IndyCar returned to Pocono last year after a 24-year absence in the first race of a three-year contract. Track CEO and President Brandon Igdalsky said this week he planned to speak with IndyCar CEO Mark Miles and other series executives in anticipation of Sunday's race about possibly dumping the final year of the contract.

Igdalsky refused to divulge numbers, but said ticket sales "were kind of scary" compared to last year. While the track does not disclose attendance figures, about 30,000 to 35,000 fans were estimated at last year's race.

He wouldn't guarantee IndyCar will race at Pocono in 2015.

See the latest updates on the hottest midterm races from Fox News

Full Elections Coverage →

Keep up with all the 2014 races in

Coverage →