San Antonio, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - The San Antonio Spurs secured their fifth NBA title in franchise history Sunday with a third straight double-digit victory against the team that dashed their dreams a season ago. Kawhi Leonard donated 22 points and 10 rebounds, Manu Ginobili and Patty Mills combined for 36 points off the bench and the Spurs ended Miami's hopes of a three-peat with a 104-87 victory over the Heat in Game 5 of the NBA Finals at AT&T Center. Leonard was named Finals MVP after posting his second straight double-double and third 20-point game in a row, while Ginobili and Mills finished with 19 and 17 points, respectively, in the win. Tony Parker scored all but two of his 16 points in the fourth quarter for the Spurs, who had Miami on the ropes in Game 6 of last year's Finals before Ray Allen hit a 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds left to force overtime. The Heat went on to win Game 6 and celebrated their second straight NBA title following a victory in Game 7, but San Antonio thwarted any thoughts of another heartbreak by dominating the final three games of the rematch.
New video shows aftermath of Ray Rice's elevator incident
Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully loses World Series ring at Costco
Major Leagues may have to wait for US-Cuba thaw to bring island talent
FCS Semifinal Playoff Roundup
Tom Brady cursing reportedly draws FCC complaints
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Christmas sweater stands out
- FOX Sports Fan Vote: Who would you put into the Hall of Fame?
- Texas high schooler makes Beckham-esque one-handed catch
- Andre Drummond receives flagrant after retaliation for James Johnson dunk
- Jimbo Fisher says Jameis Winston isn't a sure bet to turn pro
- ESPN Personalities Put Out Conflicting Reports On Jim Harbaugh’s Decision To Coach Michigan
- MUST SEE: Keith Olbermann’s Ferocious Twitter Battle With Local Radio Host Over Rondo Trade
- Charles Barkley Gets It Wrong: Why Fans Should Be The Ones Voting On NBA All-Stars
- Rockets Land Corey Brewer After Dickishly Driving Up Price For Rondo
- Skip Bayless Claims He’s Never Lost A Bet