Sydney, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Hyun-Jin Ryu tossed five scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks, 7-5, to sweep the two-game season-opening series in Australia. Ryu (1-0) allowed just two hits and a walk while fanning five for the Dodgers, who beat Arizona 3-1 on Saturday. Yasiel Puig went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored, while Dee Gordon had three hits, scored a pair of runs and drove in one in the triumph. Trevor Cahill (0-1) surrendered five runs on eight hits and four walks over four frames for Arizona, which took 10 of its 19 matchups with the Dodgers a year ago.
Vin Scully to return to Dodgers broadcast booth for record 67th year
Darryl Dawkins, former basketball player, dead at 58
Spa Stunner! American Pharoah loses in Travers to Keen Ice
Michael Vick's first pass as a Steeler is a 63-yard bomb
Rosenthal: Will MLB change playoff format because of NL Central?
- Michael Vick's first pass as a Steeler is a 63-yard bomb
- US Open: Even No. 2-ranked Simona Halep is rooting for Serena to win
- Jeremy Maclin goes on fantasy football Twitter rant
- Crystal Palace stun Chelsea to increase pressure on Mourinho
- Title contenders thinking of Wilson as they prepare for championship fight
- HIGHLIGHT REEL: Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez Goes Full Superhuman
- Edwin Encarnacion Was The Best Baseball Player In America This Weekend
- VIDEO: Bayern Munich’s Douglas Costa Pulls Off Perfect Mid-Game Rainbow
- Attention 90’s Kids: MJ’s Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction
- Rutgers Puts A Special Bet on Special Teams