Sydney, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Hyun-Jin Ryu tossed five scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks, 7-5, to sweep the two-game season-opening series in Australia. Ryu (1-0) allowed just two hits and a walk while fanning five for the Dodgers, who beat Arizona 3-1 on Saturday. Yasiel Puig went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored, while Dee Gordon had three hits, scored a pair of runs and drove in one in the triumph. Trevor Cahill (0-1) surrendered five runs on eight hits and four walks over four frames for Arizona, which took 10 of its 19 matchups with the Dodgers a year ago.
Rose finds a new way to win 7th PGA Tour title
Rodriguez homers as Yankees beat Mets
St. Louis marathon winner stripped of title because she didn't run the race, officials say
Dubnyk, Wild beat Blues, for rematch with Blackhawks
Ellis, Mavericks force Game 5 with win over Rockets
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on RIR contact with Tony Stewart: 'He hit me'
- Danica's day: Patrick spends much of it trying to stay out of trouble
- Foreman ranks Mayweather-Pacquiao among top three fights of all time
- Rangers' Beltre sends Angels' Richards invoice for three broken bats
- Meal time: Bucks mascot devours fan in funny stunt
- Terrifying Three-Legged Alligator Watches Justin Rose Win Zurich Classic
- Meanwhile, Near Camden Yards, Protesters Threw Garbage On Girl In Wheelchair
- Does This Look Like An Accident To You? Kevin Love Is Right
- Kevin Love On Dislocated Shoulder: ‘I Have No Doubt He Did It On Purpose’
- This Manu Ginobli Flop Should Be Displayed In The Smithsonian