Sydney, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Hyun-Jin Ryu tossed five scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks, 7-5, to sweep the two-game season-opening series in Australia. Ryu (1-0) allowed just two hits and a walk while fanning five for the Dodgers, who beat Arizona 3-1 on Saturday. Yasiel Puig went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored, while Dee Gordon had three hits, scored a pair of runs and drove in one in the triumph. Trevor Cahill (0-1) surrendered five runs on eight hits and four walks over four frames for Arizona, which took 10 of its 19 matchups with the Dodgers a year ago.
NHL player traded closer to home after daughter's letter goes viral
Curt Schilling exposes Twitter trolls after receiving vulgar messages about his daughter
Extra Points: Eagles on fast track to dysfunction
Leafs top Panthers, who dress goaltending coach
49ers sign rugby star Jarryd Hayne
- Garafolo reports: Patriots could be interested in Andre Johnson
- Run It Back: Raftery talks Kentucky, ideal Final Four, 'Onions' & more
- Schaub on Watson's departure: 'They are not going to be able to replace him'
- Carrie Underwood, Predators C Fisher share photo of baby boy
- Junior answers fans' questions about dad during #IAmDale film