Sydney, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Hyun-Jin Ryu tossed five scoreless innings and the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks, 7-5, to sweep the two-game season-opening series in Australia. Ryu (1-0) allowed just two hits and a walk while fanning five for the Dodgers, who beat Arizona 3-1 on Saturday. Yasiel Puig went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored, while Dee Gordon had three hits, scored a pair of runs and drove in one in the triumph. Trevor Cahill (0-1) surrendered five runs on eight hits and four walks over four frames for Arizona, which took 10 of its 19 matchups with the Dodgers a year ago.
Transcript of Tom Brady 'Deflategate' appeal hearing released
Mailbag: Why college football should fear 8-5 Notre Dame
Rangers' Hamels commends Astros, explains why he blocked trade
Jerick McKinnon threatens 'payback' against Gerald Hodges
Ronda Rousey to Bethe Correia after 34 second KO: 'Don't cry'
- Notre Dame's Kelly suspends 2014 No. 2 rusher for all of 2015
- Jags GM: Team not expecting banned WR Blackmon to ever return
- Rice speaks, wants back in NFL ... but will he get a chance?
- GM Baalke: 49ers would like to keep Aldon Smith beyond year
- Tiger talks about end of the road -- for this season and beyond
- Yankees Crush Red Sox 13-3 On John Farrell’s Birthday, Womp Womp
- Philly Fans Don’t Love Much, But They Sure Do Love Jimmy Rollins
- NFL Paid Ted Wells Same As They’d Payout A Player With Parkinson’s
- Lee Corso Can No Longer Wear Florida State Mascot Costume, Because Of Bill Murray
- NFLPA Releases Humongus, 172-Page Tom Brady Appeal Hearing Transcript: Take A Look (If You Dare)