Flushing, NY – Minneapolis, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Derek Jeter has been the face of Major League Baseball for two decades, while the torchbearer for the unofficial title as the game's best player has fluctuated between Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout. Those storylines proved no different Tuesday, as the future Hall- of-Fame shortstop and peerless sluggers combined forces in the 85th Midsummer Classic to power the American League to a 5-3 victory over the National League in front of a capacity crowd at Target Field. Cabrera belted a two- run homer in the first inning, while Trout doubled, tripled, drove in two runs and scored another to help give the Junior Circuit home field advantage for this year's World Series. Trout took home the MVP award, but all eyes were nevertheless focused on Jeter, who delivered two hits and scored a run out of the AL's leadoff spot in what will be his 14th and final All- Star Game with retirement looming at the end of the season. Jonathan Lucroy hit a pair of RBI doubles to pace the NL, which went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and has dropped back-to-back All-Star Games on the heels of a three-game winning streak.
Houston Rockets fans stay in arena to ride out storm after playoff game
Roger Federer rips French Open security lapse after fan’s courtside selfie
Arkansas golfers charged with felony video voyeurism
Conor Daly to replace James Hinchcliffe in Detroit
James, Cavs try to earn Finals berth
- CFB AM: Watch recruit jump over dude to make one-handed grab
- Hamlin offers surprising theory on why he grew ill in Coke 600
- Juan Pablo Montoya earns $2.4 million with second Indy 500 victory
- Did Katie get stood up in latest episode of Garbage Time?
- Welcome back, Captain -- Jeter makes first return to Yankee Stadium
- May 26th MLB DFS Picks And Analysis
- Colin Cowherd Makes Ray McDonald Arrest About Race
- Emilio Estevez Still Love The Ducks, Tell Blackhawks Fans To ‘Suck It’
- 5’9″ White Dude Jumps Over A Guy Who’s Sitting On Another Guy’s Shoulders
- Two Bros Play Basketball Tic-Tac-Toe At Rockets Game, Fail Miserably