Mark Sanchez has no plans of 'letting go' of Jets' starting QB job

Published May 16, 2013

| Associated Press

Mark Sanchez says "nothing's changed" in his approach to competing for the New York Jets' starting quarterback job even with David Garrard out of the mix.

Garrard plans to retire because his balky left knee has continued to give him trouble, so that means the Jets' once-crowded quarterback room has one less player. With Garrard stepping away and New York cutting Tim Tebow two weeks ago, Sanchez, Geno Smith, Greg McElroy and Matt Simms are left on the roster.

It had been speculated that the competition to start would be between Garrard, Sanchez and Smith, despite GM John Idzik, coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg insisting it would be "open" to everyone.

Sanchez, entering his fifth season, says he doesn't "plan on letting go" of the starting job.

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/05/16/mark-sanchez-has-no-plans-letting-go-jets-starting-qb-job/