Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Football

Steelers say door remains open for possible return of free agent veterans Starks and Hampton

  • e2320d0a88a5ca0d2f0f6a706700f2d6.jpg

    Pittsburgh Steelers' general manager Kevin Colbert talks about team's needs during a news conference on Monday, April 22, 2013 concerning the upcoming NFL football draft in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic) (The Associated Press)

  • e831d12188a4ca0d2f0f6a7067003bf8.jpg

    Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin talks about their team's needs during a news conference on Monday, April 22, 2013 concerning the upcoming NFL football draft in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic) (The Associated Press)

The Pittsburgh Steelers are doing their homework on their eight picks in this week's NFL draft.

And there's a chance some old faces could be around to greet the new ones when organized team activities begin next month.

General manager Kevin Colbert said Monday the team has not closed the door on bringing back offensive tackle Max Starks and nose tackle Casey Hampton. Both players became free agents last month and have yet to sign with another club. Starks started every game at left tackle in 2012 but the Steelers plan on moving either Marcus Gilbert or Mike Adams to that position in 2013.

Hampton is a five-time Pro Bowler but will turn 36 before the 2013 season begins. Colbert says any movement wouldn't come until after draft.