New Orleans, LA – Glendale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Tom Brady's 3-yard touchdown pass to Julian Edelman put the New England Patriots ahead with 2:02 remaining, while Malcolm Butler's goal-line interception with 20 seconds left preserved a 28-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in a Super Bowl XLIX that every bit lived up to its billing. After Brady threw two of his four touchdown passes in the fourth quarter to bring the Patriots back from a 24-14 deficit against the NFL's most feared defense, New England's own unit came up with a game-saving play to sew up the AFC champions' first NFL title in a decade. Seattle, vying to become the first repeat Super Bowl winner since the Pats accomplished the feat following the 2003 and 2004 season, moved down to the opposing 5-yard line in the final seconds after Jermaine Kearse came down with a miraculous 33-yard catch. Marshawn Lynch was stopped just short of the goal line on the ensuing play, but the Seahawks didn't give the ball to their All-Pro back on the next snap. Instead, Russell Wilson attempted a slant intended for Ricardo Lockette that Butler jumped and hauled in to give Brady his fourth Super Bowl triumph, tying Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most by a quarterback in league history.
Days after crying on field over possible trade, Mets shortstop hits game-winning homerun
Watch: Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry only needs one hand on jugs machine
Missing father of PGA golfer found safe in Texas
All hands: Danica busts out yet another head-turning yoga move
Iron Sheik didn't take news of Hulk Hogan scandal well
- From Russia with love: Ruffini proposes marriage after win
- Unable to attend daughter's birth, Padres' Ian Kennedy instead delivers on mound
- Mariners' Taijuan Walker throws one-hitter, beats Twins
- Battery charge against Bills coach Kromer dropped
- Jets rookie WR Smith breaks ribs, to miss most of camp
- Not Surprisingly, Jason Pierre-Paul’s Hand Doesn’t Look Too Good
- Make Money On Sports: Morency’s Plays Of The Day For July 31
- Brady And Belichick Vs. Goodell And The NFL Gets Animated
- So: Did An NFL Official Leak False Information About Deflategate To Smear The Patriots?
- July 31 MLB DFS Picks: Polanco A Superb Value