New Orleans, LA – Glendale, AZ (SportsNetwork.com) - Tom Brady's 3-yard touchdown pass to Julian Edelman put the New England Patriots ahead with 2:02 remaining, while Malcolm Butler's goal-line interception with 20 seconds left preserved a 28-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks in a Super Bowl XLIX that every bit lived up to its billing. After Brady threw two of his four touchdown passes in the fourth quarter to bring the Patriots back from a 24-14 deficit against the NFL's most feared defense, New England's own unit came up with a game-saving play to sew up the AFC champions' first NFL title in a decade. Seattle, vying to become the first repeat Super Bowl winner since the Pats accomplished the feat following the 2003 and 2004 season, moved down to the opposing 5-yard line in the final seconds after Jermaine Kearse came down with a miraculous 33-yard catch. Marshawn Lynch was stopped just short of the goal line on the ensuing play, but the Seahawks didn't give the ball to their All-Pro back on the next snap. Instead, Russell Wilson attempted a slant intended for Ricardo Lockette that Butler jumped and hauled in to give Brady his fourth Super Bowl triumph, tying Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for the most by a quarterback in league history.
Darryl Dawkins, former basketball player, dead at 58
Chiefs cut an Andy Reid favorite to get their roster to 75-player limit
Raiders waive goodbye to their slot receiver, cut 13 in total
Madison Bumgarner makes history in Giants' loss to the Dodgers
It ain't so: MLB commish nixes 'Shoeless' Joe Jackson Hall of Fame bid
- Harper's tight butt driving Nats nuts down playoff stretch
- Rockies' Gonzalez racks up 2 HRs including slam, 7 RBI vs. D-backs
- Wife of Redskins' GM apologizes for shocking tweet about ESPN reporter
- Donald Trump to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 'You don't have a clue'
- Smashing: CoCo Vandeweghe demolishes racket in fit of U.S. Open frustration
- Poor Schmuck Tries To Rob Female MMA Fighter, Gets Worked, Humiliated
- They’re Still Hauling Tons Of Dead Fish From Polluted Rio Olympic Lake
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar And Donald Trump Go At It Over Social Media
- Here’s That Fantasy Football Team Name Generator You’ve Been Looking For
- Shout Out To The Freshman From Colorado School Of Mines Who Got His Dick Stuck In A Shampoo Bottle