Track and field competitions at the 2012 London Olympics are nearing a conclusion, and with only one event on Sunday, Saturday is the final day with a full schedule of events.
Saturday will be busy with eight gold medal events scheduled. The headline event of the day is likely the men's 4x100m relay. Usain Bolt will run for his third gold medal in 2012 and he will be joined on the relay team by Yohan Blake, who won silver in the men's 100m. Jamaica will face a strong challenge from the United States.
Other notable events on Saturday include the women's 4x400m relay and the men's 5000m final. Here is Saturday's full schedule of events. All times are Eastern.
- 4:00 a.m.: Men's 50km walk
- 12:00 p.m.: Women's 20km walk
- 2:00 p.m. Women's high jump
- 2:20 p.m.: Men's javelin throw
- 2:30 p.m.: Men's 5000m
- 3:00 p.m.: Women's 800m
- 3:25 p.m. :Women's 4x400m relay
- 4:00 p.m.: Men's 4x100m relay