Olympic Track & Field Livestream: Watch Usain Bolt Run For Gold Online
Published August 09, 2012
Six days of track and field are already in the books at the 2012 London Olympics, but that doesn't mean day seven is going to be less than sublime. Five gold medals are scheduled to be handed out on Thursday afternoon in a variety of events.
The televised NBC schedule is listed here, but we also have the online schedule for those interested in livestreaming Thursday afternoon's events -- ranging from everything from the decathlon events to the women's javelin throw. The following events will be available live to watch on the NBC Olympics website.
- A gold medal will be awarded in the men's triple jump at 12:20 p.m. Team USA's Will Claye finished fourth in qualifying, but wasn't too far behind top-qualifier Benjamin Compaore of France.
- The semifinals in the women's 800 meter race are scheduled to take place at 12:30 p.m. A list of the 27 competitors trying to make Saturday's gold-medal race is available here.
- The men's 800 meter final will take shortly thereafter as its scheduled for 1 p.m. Two pairs of teammates make up the eight racers as the USA will be represented by Nick Symmonds and Duane Solomon while Kenyan teammates Timothy Kitum and David Rudisha -- the world record holder -- line up in lanes 3 and 4.
- Qualifying for the women's 400 meter relay is scheduled for 1:20 p.m. Team USA, scheduled to compete in the first heat, posted the best time of any of this year's Olympic competitors with a season-best of 42.19.
- Thursday afternoon's top track and field event will be the gold medal race between the men's 200 meter competitors at 1:55 p.m. The field includes top sprinters Usain Bolt (the current world-record holder) and Yohan Blake, among others.
- A gold medal will be handed out at 2 p.m. as the women javelin throwers take part in their final event of the Olympics. Barbora Špotáková of the Czech Republic holds the world record, but South Africa's Sunette Viljoen posted the season-best distance of the throwers that qualified for Thursday's finale.
- Thursday afternoon's coverage began with men throwing javelins in the ninth-event of the decathlon. The final event will take place at 2:20 p.m. with the 1500m run.
With five medals being handed out, it might be difficult to decide which events to pay attention to -- but the 200 meter men's finale will obviously be worth the extra attention it receives.
For more on the Olympics, check out SB Nation's London 2012 Olympics hub.