Late rally propels Kilmarnock past Dunfermline

Kilmarnock secured seventh place in the Scottish Premier League on Saturday as the club closed out the season with a 2-1 away win against Dunfermline.

The home side had won only one time at East End Park all season but looked on course to add to that total when Paul Willis scored after 20 minutes to put Dunfermline ahead, 1-0.

That lead held up as the match entered the final five minutes, only for Liam Kelly to equalize for Killie in the 86th minute by finding the net from 20 yards.

Dunfermline had already been assured of relegation ahead of the match, but was unable to take even a point from its last game in the top flight as Kilmarnock teenager Jude Winchester broke the tie in the 89th minute when he finished off a cross from Lewis Toshney.

Inverness 2, Hibernian 0

Inverness, Scotland - After sealing its place in the Scottish Premier League for next season by beating Dunfermline last time out, Hibernian fell 2-0 at Inverness on Saturday to close out its league campaign.

Back-to-back victories ensured that Hibs would be playing in the SPL next year, but the club rested a number of players with an eye toward the Scottish Cup final and allowed Inverness to score a pair of goals in the second half.

Inverness went in front shortly after the hour mark when Greg Tansey scored on a 25-yard free kick, while Hibs handed Inverness a chance to double the lead from the penalty spot as Matt Doherty handled the ball inside his own area and Jonathan Hayes buried the subsequent spot kick.

Aberdeen 0, St. Mirren 0

Aberdeen, Scotland - Aberdeen finished its season on Saturday with a four-game winless streak as the Dons were held to a 0-0 draw by St Mirren at Pittodrie Stadium.

It was the final match for Aberdeen striker Darren Mackie and he nearly got off to a dream start when he forced goalkeeper Craig Samson to tip his shot past the post after being played in on goal.

It would have been a great way for Mackie to close out his Aberdeen career, but he will instead have to settle for a point as both sides generated chances but lacked the finishing touch.