Rangers holds off Aberdeen to remain unbeaten

Goals from Kyle Lafferty and Nikica 1 win at Pittodrie Stadium.

Lafferty put Rangers on the board after 58 minutes when a failed clearance from Aberdeen's Richard Foster allowed Steven Davis to pick out Lafferty, who fired the ball back across the face of goal and past goalkeeper David Gonzalez.

The visitors doubled their lead with 20 minutes to play when Aberdeen's Darren Mackie fouled Sasa Papac inside the penalty area, allowing Jelavic to fire his spot kick past Gonzalez.

Foster pulled a goal back for the Dons in the 82nd minute with a long-range effort that beat goalkeeper Allan McGregor, but the hosts were unable to produce a second goal and they finished the match with 10 men when Rory Fallon was sent off for elbowing Dorin Goian.

Rangers has won 11 of its last 12 games in the SPL and sits nine points clear at the top of the league.

Motherwell 3, Inverness 2

Inverness, Scotland - Motherwell rallied to score two goals in the final 15 minutes of a 3-2 win at Inverness on Saturday.

An early goal from David Davis of Inverness was canceled out before halftime by Motherwell's Shaun Hutchinson, sending the two sides into halftime on level terms.

Andrew Shinnie put Inverness back into the lead but his goal was answered one minute later by Keith Lasley, once again pulling the visitors back to level terms.

Inverness was reduced to 10 men in the 82nd minute as Chris Hogg was sent off and Motherwell capitalized three minutes from time through Hateley to claim a fourth win in five games.

Celtic 0, Hibernian 0

Glasgow, Scotland - Celtic fell 12 points back of league-leaders Rangers on Saturday after being held to a 0-0 draw at home by Hibernian.

Gary Hooper struck the post in the first half for the Hoops and James Forrest had a shot clip the crossbar after the break, but Celtic was unable to find a goal and has now won only two of its last six games in the league.

Hibernian remains in the bottom half of the table but has earned four points from its last two matches.

Dundee United 4, Dunfermline 1

Dunfermline, Scotland - Dundee United moved five points clear of the bottom of the table on Saturday after toppling Dunfermline 4-1.

Paul Dixon and Lauri Dalla Valle scored inside 20 minutes for United, while Gary Mason was sent off for Dunfermline in the 26th minute.

Andy Kirk managed to pull a goal back early in the second half for Dunfermline, but goals from Johnny Russell and Gary Mackay-Steven in the game's final 15 minutes secured the win.

Kilmarnock 1, Hearts 0

Edinburgh, Scotland - Kilmarnock snapped a six-game winless streak at Hearts on Saturday in a match that saw the hosts play 75 minutes with 10 men.

Ian Black received his marching orders after just 15 minutes for a reckless challenge on Kilmarnock's Dean Shiels, and although the hosts still had the better of the play for most of the match, they were unable to take anything away from the game.

The difference in the match came in the 55th minute when Killie's Paul Heffernan was fouled inside the area by Marius Zaliukas, allowing Shiels to fire home the penalty kick and give his team all three points.

St Mirren 1, St Johnstone 0

Perth, Scotland - St Johnstone's good run of form came to an end on Saturday at McDiarmid Park as St Mirren left with a 1-0 win courtesy of Kenny McLean's 81st-minute goal.

The hosts had won four of their previous six games, but in a largely uneventful affair, it was a goal from McLean nine minutes from time that provided the difference.

St Mirren moves into sixth place with the victory while St Johnstone remains in fourth.