St. Louis, MO – Kansas City, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - The San Francico Giants captured their third World Series title in five years, hanging on for a 3-2 win over the Kansas City Royals in Game 7 on Wednesday night. Giants ace Madison Bumgarner, after winning Games 1 and 5, earned a five-inning save while pitching on just two days' rest and was named series MVP. Pablo Sandoval reached base four times, scoring the go-ahead run on Michael Morse's single in the fourth inning. The Royals, trying to win a World Series title for the first time in 29 years, had the winning run at third base with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning after Giants center fielder Gregor Blanco misplayed Alex Gordon's single for a two-base error. But Bumgarner got Salvador Perez to pop up into foul territory to end the game, with Sandoval making the catch near third base.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. defeats Manny Pacquiao by unanimous decision, remains unbeaten
Golf Tidbits: McIlroy's long road to victory
Cowboys' Greg Hardy slammed on Twitter over 9/11-related joke
NBA Playoff Preview - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston
Undrafted FCS players get NFL shot
- At Least Charlotte McKinney Was In Top-Form At Pacquiao-Mayweather
- The Spurs Got Wasted After Losing Game 7 To The Clippers
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Reanimated As Punch-Out!!
- Dale Earnhardt Tattoo At Geico 500 Predicts Dale Earnhardt Jr. Victory
- Kid Apparently Has A One-Digit Message For Mayweather-Pacquiao Fans