GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - The Phoenix Coyotes signed defenseman Connor Murphy, their top pick in this year's NHL draft, to an entry level contract Thursday.
Terms weren't disclosed.
The 18-year-old Murphy was taken by Phoenix at No. 20 overall.
Murphy had three goals and three assists last season in 14 games for the U.S. national under-18 team.
He's the son of former NHL player Gord Murphy, who's an assistant coach with the Florida Panthers.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory