SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - The San Jose Sharks have signed defenseman Colin White in another offseason move to bolster their blue line.
The 33-year-old White signed his deal on Wednesday, a day after being waived by the New Jersey Devils.
White is the third defenseman added by San Jose this offseason. His signing follows a trade for All-Star Brent Burns and the acquisition of free agent James Vandermeer.
White has scored just 20 goals in 743 career games, but he adds another physical player who is strong on the penalty kill. The Sharks ranked 24th in the league on the penalty kill last season.
White played 11 years with the Devils, winning two Stanley Cups.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory