RALEIGH, N.C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have signed forward Chris Durno to a one-year contract.
The two-way deal will pay Durno US$525,000 on the NHL level and $105,000 on the American Hockey League level. There is a guarantee of at least $140,000 for the season.
Carolina director of hockey operations Ron Francis called the 30-year-old Durno "a big, strong guy that will provide more depth up front."
Durno has 19 goals and 17 assists in 73 AHL games last year. He has played in 43 NHL games with Colorado for his career.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory