VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks added some depth at centre by signing veteran Andrew Ebbett to a contract Tuesday.
Ebbett, 28, played in 33 games for the Phoenix Coyotes last year, collecting two goals and three assists.
The five-foot-nine, 174-pound Calgary native has played parts of four seasons with Anaheim, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix. In 145 career games, Ebbett has recorded 41 points (19-22) and 38 penalty minutes.
Vancouver already has centres Henrik Sedin, Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra, Cody Hodgson and Maxim Lapierre under contract.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory