COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Aaron Johnson to a one-year contract.
General manager Scott Howson announced the move on Tuesday, which allows Johnson to play at either the NHL or American Hockey League levels.
The 28-year-old Johnson, the Blue Jackets' fourth pick in the 2001 draft, was a free agent after playing last season with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.
Johnson has 14 goals and 32 assists with a plus-13 rating in 225 career NHL games, including seven goals and 19 assists in 116 games with the Blue Jackets from 2003-07.
He has also played for Calgary and Edmonton.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory