VANCOUVER - The Vancouver Canucks signed forwards Chris Higgins and Steven Pinizzotto on Sunday.
Higgins, 28, split last season between the Canucks and Florida Panthers, registering 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 62 games. He tied a Canucks record for most game-winning goals in a playoff year (three).
Higgins has appeared in 411 career NHL games over seven seasons with the Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, Calgary Flames, Panthers and Canucks, recording 196 points (105 goals, 91 assists).
Pinizzotto, 27, spent last season with the AHL's Hershey Bears, registering 42 points (17 goals, 25 assists) in 68 games. He also had two goals and two assists in six playoff games.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory