NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Nashville Predators have signed forward Niclas Bergfors to a one-year contract worth US$575,000.
The deal was announced Sunday by Predators general manager David Poile.
Bergfors, 24, had 12 goals and 24 assists in 72 games last season with the Atlanta Thrashers and Florida Panthers.
During his first full NHL season with New Jersey and Atlanta in 2009-10, the native of Sweden had 21 goals and 44 points in 81 games, landing him a spot on the NHL All-Rookie Team. In 162 career NHL games, Bergfors has 81 points.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory