ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) - The Washington Capitals have signed free agent left wing Chris Bourque to a one-year contract.
Bourque returns to the Capitals organization after spending last season splitting time between leagues in Switzerland and Russia.
The Capitals chose Bourque in the second round of the 2004 draft. He played on championship teams with Washington's AHL affiliate in Hershey in 2006, 2009 and 2010.
The 25-year-old son of Hall of Fame defenseman Ray Bourque has played in 33 career NHL games, including 20 when he spent part of the 2009-10 season with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory