DALLAS (AP) - The Dallas Stars opened free agency with a flurry, agreeing to terms with Stanley Cup-winning right wing Michael Ryder and five other players.
Ryder got a $7 million, two-year deal with Dallas after totaling eight goals and nine assists in the playoffs for the Stanley Cup-champion Boston Bruins. He had 18 goals with 23 assists in 79 regular-season games.
The Stars on Friday also added right wing Radek Dvorak, centers Vernon Fiddler and Jake Dowell and defensemen Adam Pardy and Sheldon Souray.
Fiddler, a nine-year veteran who played in Phoenix last season, got a $5.4 million, three-year contract. Pardy gets $4 million over two years, while Souray ($1.6 million), Dvorak ($1.5 million) and Dowell ($800,000) all got one-year deals.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory