ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - The Chicago Blackhawks have traded defenseman Brian Campbell to the Florida Panthers for forward Rostislav Olesz (RAHS-tih-slav OH-lehsh).
The deal was finalized late Friday, after the first round of the NHL draft.
The 32-year-old Campbell had 19 goals and 38 assists over three seasons with the Blackhawks. He was the third-highest paid player on the team last season at $7,142,000. The 25-year-old Olesz was the seventh overall pick by the Panthers in the 2004 draft. He had six goals and 11 assists in 44 games last season.
The Blackhawks had a busy day. They traded left wing Troy Brouwer to the Washington Capitals for the 26th pick in the first round, giving them two selections.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory