Vancouver Canucks select forward Nicklas Jensen with 29th pick in NHL draft
Published June 24, 2011
| National Hockey League
ST. PAUL, Minn. - The Vancouver Canucks selected Danish forward Nicklas Jensen with the 29th overall pick in the NHL draft.
Jensen spent last season with the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League.
The 18-year-old rookie had 58 points (29 goals, 29 assists) in 61 games.
The six-foot-two, 202-pounder added 11 points (7-4) in the playoffs before the Generals were eliminated in the second round by the Niagara IceDogs.
The Canucks made it to the Stanley Cup final this year before losing to the Boston Bruins in seven games.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory