EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) - The Oilers re-signed forward Ryan Jones to a two-year deal, keeping him away from free agency.
The 26-year-old forward reached the deal with the Oilers on Sunday. Jones, who had 18 goals and seven assists for the Oilers last season, could have become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
In 176 NHL games with Edmonton and the Nashville Predators, Jones has 33 goals and 21 assists. He was originally selected by the Minnesota Wild in the fourth round of the 2004 draft
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory