UNIONDALE, N.Y. (AP) - The New York Islanders have signed forward Michael Grabner to a five-year contract.
Grabner was the Islanders' leading scorer with 34 goals in his rookie season. The 23-year-old from Austria also led all NHL rookies in goals scored.
He finished second in the league in short-handed goals with seven, and is a finalist for the Calder Trophy as the league's top rookie.
The Islanders announced the signing Friday.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory