WASHINGTON (AP) - Right wing Mike Knuble is back on the ice for the Washington Capitals in Game 2 against the Tampa Bay Lightning after missing three consecutive playoff games.
Knuble is playing on Alex Ovechkin's line Sunday night. Also in Washington's lineup is defenseman John Carlson, who left in the third period of Game 1 on Friday.
Knuble missed the last two games of Washington's series against the Rangers, and Game 1 against the Lightning, with a suspected hand injury. His 24 regular-season goals ranked third on the Capitals.
The Lightning were without injured left wing Simon Gagne and defenseman Pavel Kubina on Sunday. They were hurt Friday, when Tampa Bay won 4-2.
Defenseman Randy Jones and center Blair Jones played for Tampa Bay on Sunday for the first time this postseason.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory