TORONTO (AP) - North Dakota star Matt Frattin signed a two-year entry level contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs on Friday, a day after the Fighting Sioux lost in the NCAA semifinals.
The 23-year-old Frattin, from Edmonton, Alberta, is expected to be in Toronto's lineup Saturday night for the regular-season finale against Montreal.
Drafted 99th overall in 2007, Frattin led the NCAA this season with 36 goals in 44 games. The 6-foot, 200-pound forward also had 24 assists.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory