Sources: Rusty Wallace Racing names new general manager
Published September 13, 2010
Larry Carter will be the new general manager of the Rusty Wallace Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series teams, according to a source familiar with the situation.
The team fields the No. 66 of Steven Wallace and the No. 62 of Brendan Gaughan.
Carter will replace Rick Carpenter, who has held the position for three years. Carter has most recently served as a spotted for Sprint Cup driver Robby Gordon, but the 47-year-old has a long history in the sport.
A Raleigh, N.C., native, Carter worked with team owner Rusty Wallace as a crew chief in 2004. He spent two years as crew chief for Jamie McMurray at Roush Fenway Racing and worked with Paul Menard at Yates Racing in 2009. He got his start in NASCAR in 1999, working with his uncle, Travis Carter's, Cup program.
- Related Links
- Week 1 NFL scoreboard
- Don't be thick, go with Vick
- Foster runs wild as Texans beat Colts
- Holding call negates Dallas' last-gasp TD
- Who is the Player of the Week?
- Presented By:
- Bonehead plays prove Cowboys not ready for prime time
- Tweet tweet: Today's top sports chatter
- Stafford injures arm in loss to Bears
- The biggest Week 1 calls
- Highlights of wild Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions finish