JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Factbox on Germany forward Thomas Mueller, who won the World Cup Golden Boot and Young Player of the Tournament awards on Sunday:
Born: September 13, 1989 in Weilheim, Germany
EARLY DAYS AND PERSONAL LIFE
* Mueller joined Bayern Munich on July 1 2000 aged just 10 from junior team TSV Paehl and played at various youth levels for Bayern and Germany.
* Made his debut for Bayern against Hamburg SV in the Bundesliga on August15 2008 coming on as a substitute for Miroslav Klose in the 79th minute.
* Made a handful of appearances in the 2008/09 season and scored in the second leg of Bayern's 12-1 aggregate win over Sporting in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.
* Married his girlfriend Lisa late in 2009.
* Mueller also started the German Cup final where Bayern thrashed Werder Bremen 4-0 but he could not help the Germans to an unprecedented treble as they lost 2-0 to Inter Milan in the Champions League final.
* Made his international debut on March 3 this year in a 1-0 home defeat by Argentina.
* Scored his first goal for Germany in their opening game of the 2010 World Cup, a 4-0 win over Australia.
* Scored two goals against England in a fantastic display of attacking football as Germany knocked out their rivals in the second round with a 4-1 victory.
* Opens the scoring after just three minutes of the quarter-final against Argentina as Germany crush the South Americans 4-0.
* Scores his fifth goal with his fifth shot on target in the tournament as Germany beat Uruguay 3-2 to finish in third.
* Finished as World Cup joint top scorer but pips David Villa, Diego Forlan and Wesley Sneijder to the Golden Boot award courtesy of more assists and time on the pitch. Is also named the young player of the tournament.
(Writing by Patrick Johnston; editing by Jon Bramley)