Biffle's crewman hit by Stewart, taken to hospital
Published May 31, 2010
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) – A crewman for Greg Biffle's NASCAR team has been taken to a local hospital after getting hit by two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart on pit road.
Stewart ran into Kevin McDowell, the right rear tire changer on the No. 16 Ford, during a late pit stop. Television replays showed McDowell slump to the concrete in pain after Stewart hit him leaving his pit stall.
There was no immediate word on McDowell's injuries or condition.
Biffle finished 32nd in the Coca-Cola 600 and dropped two spots, to ninth, in the points standings. Stewart was 15th and fell two positions to 16th in the points.
- Related Links
- Dario Franchitti wins Indianapolis 500
- Indianapolis 500 Race Central
- Busch wins Coca-Cola 600 to sweep Charlotte races
- RaceTrax: Follow the Coca-Cola 600 on FOX
- Venus out; Henin, Federer win at French
- Federer bests buddy at French Open
- IndyCar officials revise Indy 500 finish; Danica bumped
- Presented By:
- Surgery for Morales postponed
- Players unhappy with World Cup ball