Richmond coach Chris Mooney is now officially out of the running for the Boston College job.
Mooney, who met with BC athletic director Gene DeFillipo earlier this week according to multiple sources, would not comment on withdrawing from the Eagles' open position but did confirm to FOXSports.com Friday night that he had signed a seven-year extension with the Spiders.
The other candidates to replace Al Skinner are former BC assistants Ed Cooley (Fairfield), who already interviewed, Bill Coen (Northeastern) and Cornell coach Steve Donahue.
Donahue has also interviewed, while Coen will talk to DeFillipo on Monday.
- Related Links
- Duke, West Virginia meet for NCAA final bid
- Presented By:
- 2010 NCAA tournament bracket
- Butler advances to NCAA title game
- Notre Dame recruit dies in Florida fall
- Browns tackle pleads not guilty to gun charge
- Clijsters rips Venus for Key Biscayne title
- Report: Tiger 'deceived' inner circle into aiding his affairs
- Kim, Molder tied in Houston