Dunn, Udoh lead No. 22 Baylor over Texas Tech

WACO, Texas (AP) — LaceDarius Dunn scored 30 points and Ekpe Udoh had 13 points, 11 rebounds and nine blocks for No. 22 Baylor which beat Texas Tech 88-70 on Tuesday night for its third consecutive 20-win season.

Dunn scored 10 points in the final 5½ minutes of the first half, after being held scoreless until then, to put the Bears (20-5, 7-4 Big 12) ahead to stay. His first points came on two free throws that made it 25-24, part of his eight consecutive points for Baylor.

It is only the sixth 20-win season for Baylor, which has won five of its last six games.

David Tairu had 16 points for Texas Tech (16-9, 4-7).

John Roberson had 12 points for the Red Raiders before leaving the game with 9 minutes remaining after running into a television cameraman. Coach Pat Knight said after the game that Roberson's ribs were sore and he was having a hard time breathing.

The go-ahead free throws by Dunn started a 39-16 run in which he scored 22 points. Dunn's basket with 12:49 left made it 60-40, then Udoh had a steal that led to a run-capping dunk by Anthony Jones.

Tweety Carter had 12 points and 11 assists for Baylor, which shot 54 percent from the field (33 of 61).

When the Bears cleared the bench in the closing minutes, Udoh was left in the game for the chance to get another block and his second triple-double of the season. He wasn't needed for a game-winning shot like he had in each of the past two games, but finished with his 12th double-double of the season and extended his season school record block total to 109.

Dunn didn't score until after being fouled on a drive in the lane. He then had a steal and was fouled again, hitting two more free throws.

After A.J. Walton had a steal to start a 2-on-1 break, he drove to the basket and then dumped a pass over his left shoulder to Dunn trailing for a two-handed slam dunk and a 29-24 lead.

Udoh didn't even score until making a short jumper off an inbounds pass from Carter with 18 minutes left that made it 46-33.

Carter then stole the inbounds pass, though his wild pass to keep the ball from going out of bounds was grabbed by Roberson. But Dunn quickly stole the ball and had a breakaway slam.

After Tech called a timeout and Roberson missed a shot, Dunn made a 3-pointer.

Roberson got hurt after missing a layup, then slamming hard into a cameraman seated under the basket. Trainers tended to Roberson on the court for several minutes, and he walked to the bench with assistance and in obvious pain.

Knight said Roberson's status wouldn't be known for a couple of days.

New Baylor president Kenneth Starr was introduced to the crowd by football coach Art Briles during the first timeout of the game. Starr got a standing ovation, then revealed a "Bear Pit" jersey and led the student section in a "Sic Em' Bears" chant.