HOOVER, Ala. – Authorities say a 6-year-old girl was taken to a hospital after she was bitten by a venomous copperhead snake at a park in Hoover.
Al.com reports the girl was bitten while walking with her grandparents Friday evening along a wooded trail at Veterans Park. Rusty Lowe, executive officer for the Hoover Fire Department, said the snake bit the girl on the foot.
Lowe says the girl was stable when firefighters took her to an area children's hospital Friday. He says firefighters were able to find the snake and confirmed it was a copperhead. The snake was sent to the hospital where the girl had been taken.
Fire officials did not identify the young girl.