About Chef Elizabeth Binder
Peppadew is the brand name of sweet piquanté peppers grown in the Limpopo province of South Africa. These mildly spicy pickled cherry sized peppers are tangy, tart and sweet and available in store deli sections near the olives. Fabulous to have on hand for an impromptu dinner party or get together, great with cheese, stuffed or even thrown on the grill.
- 1 Small seedless watermelon, peeled and 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Cup peppadews, drained and halved or quartered (save 1/4 cup picking juice)
- 2 Bunch watercress, wash and trim stems
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
Whisk about pickling juice and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl, season to taste.
In a large bowl place all remaining ingredients, dress with just enough dressing to lightly coat.
Check seasoning and serve.