This salad was among the delicious dishes tested at the School Nutrition Association's Annual National Conference in Denver.
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 Teaspoon dry basil
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon parley flakes
- 1/8 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 1/2 Cup tomatoes, diced
Mix the first 10 ingredients to prepare salad dressing. Refrigerate in a covered glass or plastic container.
Peel, wash and slice cucumbers
Wash and dice tomatoes, and combine with cucumbers
Pour dressing over cucumber and tomatoes; toss, refrigerate until ready to serve.