For a side dish that easy to whip up, this tofu and quinoa salad is a great alternative to heavy potato salad. Considering March is National Nutrition Month, now is the perfect time to focus on healthy eating. Small steps – like reducing your fat intake and eating more vegetables – can have a positive impact on how you look, think, and feel.
- 1 House Foods Premium Tofu or Organic Tofu, Super Firm Cubed
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa (couscous can be substituted)
- 1 Cup canned corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 Cup dried raspberries or cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
While quinoa is cooking, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
Combine cooked quinoa with rest of the ingredients except tofu, and lime juice mixture, stirring well.
Add tofu, mix well and sprinkle with Italian parsley.